Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lecture #7

This lecture interested me today. It gave me some ideas for myself.

I listened while also editing my novel and what she said really helped me as an author and a writer. She said she was just an artist and that we should have fun doing this. We should go outside of the box. We should strive to create characters with our work and with those characters we should be able to communicate. She said that it's about movement and taking from the body. We should take what we love from every aspect of life and change it and give it character and influence. I agree. It gave me a sense of clarity. We are creating characters when we work, whether it be with literal characters in a still life or more abstract characters in other works. For a long time I've never understood the point of abstraction other than physical beauty, but I've been given a taste to why and how it's done. It intrigued me.

No comments:

Post a Comment