Thursday, November 12, 2009

First Friday

Last Friday I went to First Friday again but this time my group focused a little more on abstract art galleries and pottery. I really enjoyed it. The pottery was beautifully made. It was a dinner wear theme. Each of the collections had a very interesting design, though I was even more impressed with the restaurant collection of the Tyler students in the lobby.

We saw a very interesting collection of artwork where the artist, I'm assuming female, created these very intricate and intense paintings with a collection and cluster of patterns and vibrant colors and imagery, with very soft and mystical backgrounds. I figured she was trying to recreate the chaotic technicolor and overwhelming information of the world, though balanced with a nexis-like background, giving order and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment